June, as always, flew by. It was a busy month what with the wedding, my family’s visit and our trip to Orlando . It was all wonderful stuff, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to a more relaxed July.
I’ve got a lot to look forward to this month too. We’ve got the fourth, of course, I don’t really have the vacation time to make it a true holiday, but it will definitely be a nice way to break up the work week. We’ve got another wedding, but this one is actually in the same state! We’re right in the thick of the dog days of summer, but I’m loving it. Bring on the sun.
As for my goals, they’re moving along quite nicely too.
Here’s an update on my progress for my yearly goals:
- Complete 12 random acts of kindness– 10 down, 2 to go! I’ve been focusing mostly on doing things for my friends and family, but I’m going to see if I can direct these last two towards strangers. You know, pay it forward.
Pay off my car– Done!
- Donate 24 hours of my time– FINALLY DONATED 2 HOURS! I have been making no progress on this goal since January, but once I revised my volunteer plan of action, I finally donated 2 hours of my time this month. I hosted a weekend brunch meet and greet/training session for the other advisors on my advisory board, and it went really well! I was so nervous to host people in my home and try and show them the ropes on a project I was just beginning to understand myself, but it became much more of a collaborative group discussion, and we really got some great ideas for the coming year.
- Run 2 half marathons– Not yet. Still just halfway there, but it’s looking very much like our fall half marathon is going to be… The Jersey Shore Half Marathon in Sandy Hook, NJ 0n September 30.
Look at all those happy, Jersey runners. Given that we’re doing so much travelling this year, I’m really happy that this will also be the year of Jersey marathons! I love to rep my home state.
- Learn 3 new skills– 1 more this month for a total of 5! Look at me blowing my goal out of the water. I learned to tie a bow tie at the Miami wedding this month, and it was no small task, so I’m very happy about that.
- Read 12 books– This month I finished The Night Circus, Love the One You’re With and Atlas Shrugged for a total of 11 books for the year. I’ve been reading Atlas Shrugged (very stop and go) since January, so it might be a while before I can figure out a way to coherently review it. The book is over 1,000 pages, so it’s safe to say, I’ll have a lot to talk about.
Miles run 40.37 for a total of 312.57 for the year. This is my lowest mileage month is a while, but I don’t mind. I’ve been recharging my brain and body, and I feel really ready to tackle half marathon training again.
My Summer Goals are and continue to be
- Get thee to yoga!
I went once, and it was awesome, so I’m totally pumped to go back many more times.
- Explore Jersey City
My yoga experience actually helped me explore a part of JC I hadn’t seen before, but there’s still a few new to me places I’d like to tick off my list this summer.
- Take a hike
- Get to the beach!!
I’ve actually found myself thinking of a lot of little summery things I’d like to do, so I put together a Summer Bucket List, that I’ll have up soon. Fall is nice, and I like the holidays, but there’s just something so wonderful about the summertime.
What goals to you have to make this a jubilant July?