Good morning! It was a long and busy week last week and another crazy weekend this weekend. Chris was gone, then he came back. I ticked a few items off my Summer Bucket List, which I’ll be updating soon, and in huge news… we adopted another kitten!
This is the standoff. That darker blob in the upper left is Moshi, our new kitten, and the lighter blob in the lower right is Miles, our jerk cat. We’ve been thinking of getting a buddy for Miles for a while now, so when we heard of a friend who needed a home for his cat, we sprung into action. Well, buddies they are not. Right now, Miles pretty much hates Moshi and wishes he would just leave, but I’ve been assured that they’ll work it out eventually. Needless to say, it’s been a long, long weekend. I’ll talk about their progress if they ever make any, but for now, let’s recap the week.
- Monday- Yoga’d on the roof for an hour. Another session of beautiful, refreshing, oh so necessary yoga. I’m still not very flexible, but I’m getting there!
- Tuesday- early morning run, 3 miles in 30 minutes. I met a new friend (courtesy of yoga, actually) who lives in the building right next to mine and likes to run! This is great news! Usually, I’m excluded from running with buddies in Jersey City because most people live in an area of downtown that’s not really convenient for me in the mornings considering I like to get to work around 8:30. Finding someone who lives right next door and runs the exact same route I do is just awesome! She’s a super BA marathoner though, so I’m just trying to keep up at this point. Still, it was a great morning run!
- Wednesday- four miles on the fourth! I did 1/2 a mile warm up, 1 mile at 10:30, jogged for 1/2 a mile, repeated and did a 1/2 mile cool down. Maybe it was because it was a little later in the morning than I’m used to or maybe it was the promise of delicious foods to come, but these miles flew by! After that, I baked a flag cake and celebrated the fourth with family and food. It’s the American way!
- Thursday- rest day. Too tired to function after the fourth, so I took the day off and got tacos with a friend. Much yummier choice.
- Friday- 2 early morning miles. Apparently Tuesday left me with an early morning running itch because I was up and at ’em by 6:15, which turned out to be a good thing when the afternoon temps hit 100! I came home, and it definitely was too hot to run, but I still had some energy left, so I pulled out the bike and headed to the park for 7 miles biked. It was nice to get out and use up all my extra energy. I came home starving and exhausted!
- Saturday- biked 16 miles. With Chris finally home, I knew he’d be missing his bike even if he wasn’t missing our crazy heat, so we took the bikes along the Hudson River Trail from Jersey City through Hoboken to Weehawken (if you’re not from New Jersey, I’m not messing with you, these are real names) and back. The weather had a “real feel” of 110 on Saturday, so there weren’t a lot of people out and about, which was good for us. We flew, but my legs were killing me! Biking is no joke.
- Sunday- ran 6 miles. This was supposed to be “ran 8 miles” according to our half marathon training plan, but after wrangling the warring cats, it was noon before we left the house, and the heat was oppressive. I’m actually surprised we made it 6 miles before crying uncle and walking home. So, so hot.
To sum it up, last week I:
- yoga’d 1 hour
- ran 15 miles
- biked 23 miles