Happy Friday! You wouldn’t think I’d need a 3 day weekend after a week long break from work, but I think all the stress is only now beginning to hit me, so I’m exhausted and desperate for some R&R. My mom and littlest sister surprised me by announcing that they’re visiting this weekend!! We don’t have anything planned yet, but I’m sure it’ll be a good time!
Obviously, I was a little distracted around the end of October but I want to keep tracking my goal progress through the end of the year, so I’m wrapping up the month now. It’ll be short and sweet because it kind of feels silly a this point, but here goes!
An update on my progress for my yearly goals:
Complete 12 random acts of kindness– Done!16 as of last month. I’m sure I did nice things in October, but I can’t really think of any at the moment, which I guess means I’m due. Pay off my car– Done!
- Donate 24 hours of my time-18 hours in, 6 hours to go. I didn’t really work with the Alpha Chi’s very much last month. Things were a bit hectic, and they’ve got a lot going on. Chris and I are hoping to do at least one service project on the Jersey Shore and one on Staten Island.
Run 2 half marathons– Done! Rutgers Unite and Newport!
Learn 3 new skills– Done!I’m gonna go ahead and count learning to cook with tea lights as a skill so 7!
Read 12 books– Done!I’m up to 14 since I finished reading Game of Thrones: A Clash of Kings. I didn’t do a full review of it and probably won’t as there’s just too much to talk about, and I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. I will say this: I was kind of disappointed. The first was so compelling and had me on the edge of my seat. This time, I kept waiting for a big surprise; then the whole thing just ended. I had to double check on the internet because I was sure my Kindle must not have downloaded the full book. Nope. It just ends. Everyone says the third book is off the heezy (actually, no one says that) so I’m hoping this was just filler to bridge the gap between the first and third.
Miles run- 51 for a total of 567 for the year.
In October I:
- Devoured some Monk’s mussels and craft beers with Travis and Laura in Flipadelphia!
- Passed my CIA Part IV exam!! One part to go!!
- Checked out NYC Food & Wine’s Meatpacking Uncorked with Debbie and Mike!
- Celebrated Moshi’s first birthday! Yay baby cat!
- Moved to our new deluxe apartment in the sky!
- Did not get any trick or treaters. Halloween passed pretty much unnoticed in New Jersey, which breaks my heart because I really quite like that holiday. Until next year.
- Survived a hurricane. Thank God.
In November I plan on: (my goals for November were going to include no more vicious acts by Mother Nature, but I forgot about Wednesday’s Nor’easter, Athena. Oops)
- Savoring the rest of the season before it slips away
- Really truly remembering all that I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- Spending my first Thanksgiving with Chris and his family (and my first Thanksgiving away from mine)
- Getting back to Book Club- this month is The Paris Wife
- Studying for CIA Exam Part III (I went out of order)
- Running my first Turkey Trot!
- Building my mileage back up a little bit
My Fall To Do List is a little sad, as we seem to have transitioned from Summer to Hurricane Season to Winter, but the temps are supposed to turn around this weekend, so there’s still time. Here’s what I’ve done so far:
Apple PickingDone! Had a blast! Applesauce makin’ and Apple Pie bakin’Done! Though it was an apple crisp really My 1st Pumpkin Latte of the seasonDone! Thoroughly enjoyed the Monday morning after the Newport Half. It was my little treat to myself, and it was perfect.
- Baking pumpkin muffins
- Drive upstate to check out the foliage and a new to us town
Running the HoBOOken Halloween 5kDone! So much fun!!
- Making an amazing gluten free side dish to bring to Thanksgiving
- Making a donation to our local food bank before Thanksgiving
- Watching the Nightmare before Christmas
- Running in Central Park
- Visiting the Met
Any other suggestions for fun fall festivities??
What about you? How will you make this fall fantastic?