Ok people. We’re in the home stretch. Time to get these goals done before it’s too late. And don’t even get me started on 2013 goals. I. Have. No. Idea. None.
An update on my progress for my yearly goals:
Complete 12 random acts of kindness– Done!17 as of last month. Pay off my car– Done!
- Donate 24 hours of my time-22 hours in, 2 hours to go. I had a few conference calls and a whole lotta emails to answer regarding Alpha Chi this month, and I’m counting those hours. I have a group meeting on Sunday, and I’m planning a retreat for January, so I have no doubt that I’ll get these done.
Run 2 half marathons– Done! Rutgers Unite and Newport!
Learn 3 new skills– Done!Um… I learned to take the ferry to NY when the train was down. Does that count?? Sure it does! 8 skills! This was a stupid goal I think. I need to get more specific next year.
Read 12 books– Done!I’m up to 16 after The Paris Wife and Gone Girl. I don’t think there could be two more different books with female leads in the universe. It made for an interesting literary month.
Miles run- 55 for a total of 622 for the year.
In November I:
- Got my life back together following a very tumultuous October and really just relaxed and recharged.
- Celebrated Friendsgiving and spent first Thanksgiving in Queens with Chris and his family
- Got back to Book Club
- Celebrated Meg’s birthday!
- Found a new favorite restaurant
- Studied for CIA Exam Part III
- Ran my first Turkey Trot!
- Tried Crossfit
- Went to a Rutgers football game!
- Celebrated Travis’ birthday with a little Barcade Philly action
I guess this is also the end of the road for My Fall To Do List:
Apple PickingDone! Had a blast! Applesauce makin’ and Apple Pie bakin’Done! Though it was an apple crisp really My 1st Pumpkin Latte of the seasonDone! Thoroughly enjoyed the Monday morning after the Newport Half. It was my little treat to myself, and it was perfect.
- Baking pumpkin muffins – NOT DONE
- Drive upstate to check out the foliage and a new to us town – NOT DONE
Running the HoBOOken Halloween 5kDone! So much fun!! Making an amazing gluten free side dish to bring to Thanksgiving– Done! I made this with a little green onion and veggie broth and it was awesome! Making a donation to our local food bank before Thanksgiving– Done! I donated to Iron Monkey’s Thanksgiving Dinner for community members in need.
- Watching the Nightmare before Christmas- NOT DONE so sad.
- Running in Central Park- NOT DONE
- Hiking!- NOT DONE
- Visiting the Met- NOT DONE
Not super great, huh? Fall got away from me this year.
In December I want to:
- Go to the Newark Choir Sing
- Visit the tree
- Set up our own tree and string some lights
- Kiss under some misteltoe
- Get my Christmas shopping/shipping/wrapping done early
- Host Christmas? More on that later…
- Drink a peppermint mocha!
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Listen to Christmas music
- Set some 2013 goals!
- Throw a NYE party!
- Run a 15k
- Run a holiday 5k
- Toast Cameron’s engagement
How is your December going to be dazzling?