Oh hello. I don’t have too much to say, but I wanted to say something, you know?
- ONE. The final pieces of the spire are going up on One WTC. It’s been a fun week at work, and I have to admit, I got a little choked up when I caught a glimpse of the skyline yesterday.
- TWO. I have zero regrets about deciding to skip the half. My feelings may change this weekend when I see a zillion facebook posts about the perfect race weather, but so far, I feel so much more relaxed having opted out.
- THREE. On a similar note, my workouts have been really good this week. I feel free to do whatever I want, and that’s resulted in two great runs and two weight sessions. I also woke up early for two of those workouts, which hasn’t happened in FOREVER.
- FOUR. I had my first bit of wedding drama yesterday. I saw something I shouldn’t have seen, and it sent me into a panic where I contemplated (am still contemplating) buying a different dress. Thankfully, I have wonderful friends and family, so the crisis was mostly adverted.
- FIVE. Buying a house is so surreal. It’s such a long process with so many ups and downs and unknowns, that there’s never really a good time to get excited. People laugh at how nonchalantly we say, “oh we bought a place,” but really you have to maintain a flat affect throughout because it’s all just so tenuous. We are *hopefully* in the home stretch, and I will be drinking a bottle of champagne once those keys are in hand.
- FIVE point FIVE. These surprise anniversary flowers are so beautiful, and they make the entire room smell like heaven. I am a lucky lady.